Monday, August 16, 2010

Things

Well, we had a great sale this weekend and got rid of a bunch of stuff. If you know me, you know I tend to hang on to things long after I should... so I was pretty proud when I purged the closet and drawers. Even now, cleaning up last night, I found some more stuff I'm going to take and donate to the rescue mission. Yay me!

I mostly just wanted to post some random things. Today while taking McKie to soccer practice... one of the kids asked... mom is this the speed limits? They are all obsessed with that, always asking, mom are we going the speed limits? It's hilarious!

McKie and Brensyn have been engrossed with hungting for toads in the field next to the house. They find a few every day, put them in the lizard cage and then we make them let them go the next day. Erik was awesome yesterday and took them out to the sandhills and they caught a Lizard. Kies has spent all of his free time playing in there and learning new things. Such as, if he touches it's head, it opens its mouth like a lion... and that it will purr if you touch it just right... and that it's a girl one minute and a boy the next. Super cute!

We will be going to Utah on Wednesday, and it's going to be the best weekend ever! Buddy, Jaran's little brother, is returning from his mission to Nicaragua on Thursday night. We are all so excited to see him! It's going to be great. It's going to be hard to program the kids to stop saying "bless Buddy and Zak on their missions" in their prayers... like it took a while to add the Zak onto it after almost two years of only Buddy. But they're getting really happy to see him.

Alrighty folks. I'm done for now. Need to clean up lunch and get Ans down for her nap and the boys settled for quiet time. And try to make Kies stop the creepy noise he's making that he said his lizard just made... for reals it's creeping me out! Take Care!

3 comments:

Jessika and Josh said...

I know, I'm so stoked to see Buddy! So excited to see you all like tomorrow!! :)

♥ ya!

Kimberly said...

Ha ha! The speed limit thing is funny. My girls always shout out the number. "45 mommy! You're supposed to be going 45!"

Vyedka said...

Love reading your blog! Super cute pictures~ I hope you had a Happy Christmas! And a I hope you have a great new year!