Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's time


(My Sarah Palin look- think I should be her for Halloween?)

Thanks to my blog monitor- and I know you don't yell at me- but if I imagine you do- it helps! To Kendra, I think Veteran's day will be the holiday for us, or perhaps flag day... which, not that anyone cares, is our anniversary- weird huh? Congrats to Erika now that you finally announced what everyone already knew;) J/k! We love you and are excited for you! Lauren, I've always thought that Grace looks just like you! Ranee, I actually have gone to a football game with underwear in my pocket, so no worries there!:) HA HA HA! Brooke, I can totally relate...

Jaran's in Montana for a job, so I have been alone since Wednesday evening, and it's not fun being a single mom! He probably won't come back until next weekend, but will have to go back again. Anytime anyone knocks on the door, or opens it for that matter, the boys get excited thinking it's their Daddy. Every time Kies talks to his daddy on the phone, he says- "I want you to come over, cause I miss you!" His poor little heart is broken everyday his daddy isn't around.

Dance is going great! The girls are doing so well and I am so proud of them all! I thought it would take more time to get things together, but we already have 2 counts of eight down. I know that doesn't sound like much to some of you, but teaching 17 middle school tweens is not an easy task, so I count myself lucky to have such a great group of girls. I refrained from the toe-touches this week and managed to come away from practice unscathed! I have to much fun doing it, it's kind of sad that all week all I can think is- I can't wait for dance!:) You can tell I don't get out much, huh?

The kids are doing great, other than the absent daddy thing. Curtis Abraham decided he needed to get rid of some of his stuff, so he's giving the boys a REAL mini four-wheeler, and an electric one, as well. They already have the electric one and we've already had to re-charge the battery, which tells you how much they rid it! I need to get some pictures of them on it, they love it! Even sis loves it! We went to the last of the football game on Friday, and the boys had so much fun running around with their cousins. They actually went to sleep farely well that night, which I was so thankful for. I still don't know what they're going to be for Halloween- any ideas?


Brensyn is potty trained! From official starting to now has been about a week, but it only took one whole day of wearing underpants and we was trained! Literally! We had tried it here and there the days before, but when I told myself not to give in and put him in a pull up after the first accident, he didn't have any more! He's even woken up the last two nights with a dry pull-up! He's a big kid now, bum bum!

Steph and her kids and new boyfriend came down for the weekend, as did Kade, Rose and Maddox. I was asked to serve as the designated driver for them, and since little Ryan volunteered;) to babysit, I said okay. We had so much fun singing karaoke. I know I shouldn't condone their getting inebriated, but it's about the only time I can hang out with my siblings and have a fun time kid-free. Steph's new boyfriend, Andy, is super nice, and she seems quite smitten with him. I'm crossing my fingers and praying like mad that he will treat her like she should be treated, cause she deserves a great guy!

I had to do a musical number today at the care center for their sacrament meeting, as Byron was in charge the last two months. I was going to sing, but didn't have anyone to accompany me, so I decided to try and play a song. I love "Nearer My God to Thee" so I sat down and made up a little number. Kim- don't get mad, I can't read music like you, so I have to make it up- I love you;)! had been pretty happy and impressed with myself until I got there, and Linda Hitz(I love this woman) was playing the prelude. I was almost embarrassed to play what I had put together after what I heard her playing. I can't wait to get my piano fixed, into my house, practice, and actually be able to play something nice! Wish me luck on getting Jaran to fix it.

Well, that's all from the novel of Shan for now- Take Care!

Sorry to Destiny- I don't know why in the heck I spelled it like that in the first place. I know how to spell it... must have just been typing to fast to notice that I was trying to spell a last name, not an action;)

4 comments:

Vyedka said...

Great post Shannon. I am excited for you that you only have to change one diaper now! Yay for Potty Training!! It sounds like you have been really busy. Hopefully Jaran will be home soon. I HATE it when Steve is gone and so do the kids. Good luck on getting the piano fixed!

Destiny said...

If it makes you feel any better, my mom claims to not know how to sight read music either, although I don't believe her :) I bet you did great! And by the way, it's Hitz!!

Lauren said...

Glad that you mentioned me! :) I'll bet you did great. I would've played for ya...

Vyedka said...

Ü Thank you for the kind words Shannon! We are so sweet! Oh and I forgot to mention that YES you should be Palin for Halloween! lol