Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm getting old

So as I was trying to be a cool coach at dance practice yesterday, I realized I am getting old. When did this realization hit me, you ask? When after doing about 10 toe-touches, for teaching purposes, I did something incredibly bad to my back. For the rest of practice I walked around like an 80 year old, and the girls kept giggling, which I can't blame them, and I knew, I'm just not young enough to do those kinds of things anymore. At least not the way I seem to be doing them. I didn't think that 25 was that old until yesterday. Maybe I just need to go get a physical and discuss things with my doctor on how best to do a toe-touch at 25 and not hurt oneself! Other than that, dance seems to be going well. We have 16 girls for sure, 18 girls maybe. There are a couple who haven't shown up to either of the two practices that we've had, and I don't want to call them and beg them to be on the team, because if they want to they will, if they don't, they won't... right? I have come to realize that I'm not a good coreographer. I can rip things off from a dance here and there, but putting a cohesive routine together is quite a bit harder than I thought! The uniforms we are getting are so cute... but I'm feeling a little big weird about them... I don't know- what do you all think? I'll attach a pic, but the kids are waking up so I need to go- take care!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay! Something new! I knew you were going to write about hurting yourself during dance practice. I thought it was going to be during a kick line or something though. :) P.S. I honestly wasn't trying to hide in my pictures. That's just the way they ended up, I promise!

Emily Asay said...

a ha ha ha ...I can just picture it. I remember I came home from college for Christmas break and Todd was coachin the girls bball team and wanted some rocky "alumni" to scrimmage his team and after about 2 times up and down the court (thinking how cool i was i might add) I thought I needed an oxygen tank, not EVEN kiddign.

Kimberly said...

O.k., it's been a week... can you guess what time it is? I'm hoping I don't even need to say anything, so I'll just ask a question instead. Do you know what you're doing for Thanksgiving and Christmas yet?

The Baker Family - a red thread said...

Hey sandy! When are you guys coming down again? I miss you! Are you coming for any of the holidays? Christmas, Thanksgiving, Veteran's day?