Monday, May 11, 2009

Hey y'all!

That's right- I said y'all... but many of you will remember I said that before I got to Dallas! By request, I am going to do a quick update. Dallas is great, but I hate driving, cause the roads intersect and turn different directions and get me lost on an almost daily basis. The weather has actually been okay, save the 2 SUPER HOT AND HUMID days we had last week. There has only been 2 days that it hasn't rained, but I like it when it does, cause it keeps it cool. I have had some success, and although I get discouraged cause I feel I should be doing better, the people here who know what they're talking about say I'm doing well for a first year and that I am on the right track to kick butt this summer, so that makes me feel better. The people here are incredibly nice, and I really do love having this new experience. My Aunt Vi died a week ago and I made a quick trip back home, leaving on Wednesday, arriving at 2 am Thursday morning and going to the funeral at 10, spending time with family, driving to Billings at 10 pm, waking up and getting to the airport by 6:30 AM and flying back Friday morning. So I was home for less than 24 hours, but it gave me the boost that I needed. Being away from the kids and Jaran is hard, but I have an awesome roommate, Kristin, who is such a blessing to me. When I first got here they had some problems with apartments so I was put in with her for what was going to be a few days, but I have decided to stay with her until the kids and Calli get here the end of May, so it was a blessing in disguise! We have been helping each other through the first two weeks which were hard, but are getting better daily. Everyone in the office is so great, and the managers Ty and Ty are very helpful and willing to listen to you about anything you are having a problem with! Well, I need to get going, have some paperwork and then the daily meeting at noon, so I hope this was sufficient! I will post some pictures later. Take Care!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! I admire your willingness to work so hard! You are a trooper! I hope you enjoyed Mother's Day Shannon! You deserve it!

Vyedka said...

Glad to hear from ya! Hope you are doing okay! Stay safe, sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Shana said...

Hey neighbor! I love the country twang you got going on!
Dallas is such a fun place to be!
Watch out- it will rub off on you!

:)

Mark & Shayla said...

Glad that things are off to a good start.Hope they it only gets better. I bet you can't wait to see your kiddos again.

Kylee said...

Hey mama, I'm glad things are going alright. I think about you almost every day. Please stay safe and keep your chin up. So sorry about your aunt. Love you to death!! -Ky