Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Swimming

So the boys have been going to Swim lessons for a week now, and they love it! I, of course, don't have any pictures of them, but have talked Jaran into coming today, so I will hopefully have time to take some. Ansleigh loves the water, too. She especially loves it when I hold her on her belly. She kicks so hard, and smiles so big, it's just really funny. It's nice to get out and let the kids have fun with other kids. Tracy McArthur is teaching, and has a different helper every day. Emily Bernheisel is always there, as she is one of the lifeguards at the Cowley pool. One of these days I will get brave and go and take the boys for regular pool hours. That will have to be planned around Ansleigh and her nap time, and Mom's willingness to be at home with her so I can take them. I will post about that if it ever comes to fruition.
We had a nice Abraham family reunion last weekend in Byron. It was nice to see all of the far extended family(as Jaran called it) and visit with everyone I haven't seen in a while. For those of you who don't know, this family includes: Abrahams, of course, Hessenthalers, Ames', Nations, Stevens', and countless other misfit groups. I don't remember the last time we had an actual scheduled get-together, so it was also a bit crazy, but that's just like we like it.
Saturday brought on the Byron's Day celebration. It began with a parade at 10 o'clock, with the kids actually getting some candy and not being attacked by the older kids. Then we headed over to the Byron Sessions/memorial park for the dedication of the memorial part. It was really nice. There are names of all the vetrans that have served that have or still do live in Byron. My Grandpa Arch's name was there on the list, as well as a plaque on the ground around the flag. It was very nice to see that people still care about those who have and do serve our country. With all of the anti-war stuff going around it's hard to believe there are those of us who still support and care about the soldiers.
After those festivities, it was off to the park for volleyball and waterslides. Jaran and I were on a team with Curtis and Jen Abraham, and Ken and Dariece Grant... as well as Doug Daniels I believe his name was. We had fun and took fourth place. We actually held up pretty well for being the oldest team playing. After volleyball I realized that I was extremely burned on my back and chest.


Not from playing volleyball, but from the parade and dedication. I didn't think to put sunscreen on then, but did for volleyball. Dumb move. Actually- they don't really even hurt- it's the back of my legs that hurt, and they aren't hardly burnt at all! CRAZY!
Fireworks and a little bit of karaoke ended the evening. They display at the park was great, as it usually is, and the boys loved it. While I went to the car to get my sweatshirt, however, I was attacked by killer thorns. That's right- they went clear through my flip flops into my feet. I still have a big sore on my left heel that kills every time I step on it. I had to have Rose go get me my other shoes from the car while I stayed in the exact same spot to prevent further attacks. Not cool!
All-in-all it was a great weekend, and I hope this weekend will be as fun. We will be in Bozeman, and since the fair is in town, we will probably take the kids on a few rides. Steph and I will be singing in the Country Showdown on Saturday night, so wish us luck again, to those of you who haven't. We will be practicing all this week, and we are hoping and praying it will pay off! Take Care!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sweet! I'm glad you posted something new! That looks like a pretty bad burn. For some reason I just cannot picture Jaran playing volleyball. Get some pictures of your kiddies swimming! Good luck at the Showdown. What are you singing? Are you coming down here?

nina said...

Sounds like fun. I would have loved to have played with you guys if I would have been there.

Erika and Kevin said...

ohh your back looks painful! I actually got your text message with that picture, I hate sunburns! It sounds like you guys are having a fun summer! And again Good luck at the Showdown! Let us know how it turns out!