Friday, June 6, 2008

I've been a bad blogger...

Sorry everyone! It's been a crazy couple of weeks. My step-mom, Shelly, is still in the hospital. She has been on life support for 17 days today, and it's hard for everyone. She had been getting better, and even had been off the venitlator for hours at a time, but just 4 o'clock this morning, she threw a large blood clot that moved into her lung. Please keep her and my Dad in your prayers, the one's that they're getting are great, but they can use some more!
Jaran left on Monday evening and the kids and I stayed here in Three Forks. Staying alone made me realize what a wimp I am. I am one of the most paranoid people I know. It must be all those crime shows I watch. Case in point: I realized the first night he was gone, that if I leave our bedroom door open, you can see right into our room where I sleep at night. I had to close the door, and then finally Wednesday brought a trip into Bozeman to purchase a curtain to cover the door, because I couldn't take it anymore. Now all that we need is a curtain on the window over the stairs and I will be able to walk around our house at night and not TOTALLY FREAK OUT that someone is watching me. Thankfully, Jaran will be home tonight, and I won't have to worry too much about it!
The boys have been behaving a lot better than usual, and it's been great not having to holler at them as much. Not that hollering really helps- not much does, really. Tuesday they were so good, and it was warm enough, so we went to the park in town in Three Forks. It was fun, and the boys loved it. I had bought Kies some sunglasses Monday and he loves them! Here are some pics(I added one I took of myself just because I never get them taken by anyone else, and I think you all need to know that I am still around, and this is the way I look;):





Sorry Kim and Hill- I know that I suck for not being there for all of the festivities, and yes, it did put me into a deep depression that I'm not sure I will ever be able to climb out of! I will do my best to make it up to you! And thank you so much for the awesome card... you don't know how much it meant! But you don't need to do anything for me, your thanks are quite enough, and I love you for it!

This is from 8th grade when we took the trip back East. I thought you all might enjoy this, before we all dyed our hair. I can't find the pictures of us after we all dyed it... good times!
Take care all!

4 comments:

The Baker Family - a red thread said...

Ok, so you will have to tell me your haunted school story some day. Cute pictures of the kids!

Emily Asay said...

what happened to shelley anyway? i'll be sure to include them in my prayers tonight. :)you look ADORABLE in that pic, love the hat

Erika and Kevin said...

ok I am really paranoid too! I would hate it if Kev went out of town! Nikki showed me a preview of the new movie The Strangers (or something like that), just watching the previews freaked me out!

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

Of course i remember us hangin out. That seems like so long ago but I guess it kinda was. Its funny how fast things change. You have a super cute family. Congrats