Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Babies


K don't make fun of my huge fake-looking belly- this was a week before I had Ansleigh- yes, she still grew after this pic

Baby Tag

Thanks for sharing Ranee


1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?

McKie: In our first apartment. I was never completely regular, but usually within a couple days. It had been five too late, and I was looking at the calendar when I realized... so we ran to walmart and took the test.

Brensyn: At home

Ansleigh: In a Target bathroom- I know it's weird


2- Who was with you?

McKie: Jaran

Brensyn: Calli maybe? I think someone...

Ansleigh: Nichole


3- How did you find out that you were pregnant?

McKie: Took a test cause I was late

Brensyn: I was craving tacos EVERY NIGHT

Ansleigh: My feet got super hot every night during bedtime, and that always happens when I'm pregnant

4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant?

McKie: WOO HOO This is great!

Brensyn: Nice. For some reason we had been wanting to get pregnant right away after Kies. Thank goodness it didn't happen closer!

Ansleigh: Hmm... well... I will be happier in a minute when I stop freaking out that the kids will be 21 months then 18 months apart!


5- Your Husbands reaction?

McKie: He was so pumped!

Brensyn: I made a little box with booties and the pregnancy test for him to open, and he opened it, got a big grin(after first being confused) and said- REALLY?

Ansleigh: He was excited to hopefully have a little girl so he could spoil her

6- Who was the first person you told?

McKie: Jaran

Brensyn: Calli or whoever was with me

Ansleigh: Nichole

7-Did you plan to get pregnant?

McKie: Yes, we were only married 2 months and off birth control for 5 days! so it was crazy, but awesome

Brensyn: we had been planning on it for a while

Ansleigh: No, no we weren't, but we love her to death!

8-Was everybody happy for you?

McKie:Yes, I think so

Brensyn: Pretty sure they were

Ansleigh: I think everyone thought we were crazy, as if we'd planned it!

9- Did you go out and celebrate?

McKie: I think we ate ice cream

Brensyn: maybe?

Ansleigh: Nopers

10- Did you want to find out the sex?

McKie:Yes- I think it's nice to be prepared

Brensyn: see above

Ansleigh: see above

11- What was the sex?

McKie:boy

Brensyn:boy

Ansleigh:girl

12-Did anyone throw you a baby shower?

McKie:yes

Brensyn:yes

Ansleigh:no

13- If yes, who?

McKie: mi familia of sisters

Brensyn: same, mostly cam and mom I think though?

14- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby?

McKie: I don't think so

Brensyn:yes


15- How much weight did you gain?

McKie: 30

Brensyn: 25

Ansleigh: 40-45

16- Did you loose all of the weight that you gained?

Yes to all


17- Did you get a lot of stretch marks?

Before I answer I just need to say UGH!
McKie: I got a few around my belly button, and then a couple on the underneath the week after he was due grr...

Brensyn:I got some more under and just grew the ones I had

Ansleigh: yes, and everything grew again


18- What did you crave the most?

McKie: I always had a pb sandwich and a glass of milk- with all of them though

Brensyn: Tacos!

Ansleigh: Pork chops!


20- Who or what got on your nerves the most?


With all of them I got super irritated when I was only 6 months along and people would say- wow you must be ready anyday now- or ask if I was having twins- yes I got huge- just in the belly mostly, but it was rediculous

McKie: not being able to fit into clothes that I wanted to

Brensyn: Having to wear different clothes than with McKie

Ansleigh: my feet being so hot with all of them, but a lot with Ans cause she was born in the end of August


21- Were you married at the time?

Yes to all

22- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?

Not really with any- other than being super huge and not sleeping well- but I have worse insomnia now than I did before

23- Where were you when you went into labor?

I was induced with them all- never had a natural contraction in my life

24- Did your water break?

Nope to all

26- Did you go early or late?

McKie: 8 days late grr

Brensyn: 1 day early cause Dr. Holland felt bad about going so late with Kies

Ansleigh: 2 days early- or I would have been 7 days late

27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth?

McKie: Jaran, Calli, Cam, Steph, and mom... with the nurses, scrub techs and dr.

Brensyn: Jaran, Cam and Mom... others were there, but not in the room

Ansleigh: Just Jaran this time- it was nice

28- Was it video taped?
McKie's labor was at some points, but not a full on view- Cal took some video above my head, no gross stuff, and it was fun seeing him when he was finally out!
no to the others

29- Did you have any drugs for the pain?


If you know me then you know this is a crazy question to ask. Of course I had drugs.

McKie: Epidural/intrathecal mix after being on the pit for l0 hours

Brensyn: same as above, but only after I went from a 3.5 to a 6 in an hour, and I freaked I'd go too fast to get anything

Ansleigh: Nothing, until I decided to try some stadal(?) which worked the first time, second dose did nothing... then an epidural when they said I'd been at a 9 for two hours and it was going to be at least another hour if not more... then before they were even done giving it to me, I was ready to push. I'm glad I got it, though, cause her shoulder got stuck and I had 2 nurses pushing really hard on my stomach and the doc was... trying really hard to get it unstuck

30-Did you go vaginal or have a c-section?

Vaginally with all 3

31- What was your first reaction after giving birth?

McKie: Finally! That took forever! (17 hours and 90 min. push time)

Brensyn: Wow, so much easier than Kies (7 hours and 30 min. push time

Ansleigh: Flip- man, she's so much bigger than I remember babies looking

32- How big was the baby(s)?

McKie: 8 lbs 2 oz and 22 inches

Brensyn: 6 lbs 12 oz and 20 1/2 inches

Ansleigh: 9 lbs 3 oz and 21 inches- yeah I know she was HUGE

33- Did your Husband cry?

Yes with all! It was special and sweet

34- What did you name the baby(s)?

McKie Jaran
Brensyn Carl
Ansleigh Mae

35-Did the name have any significance to you?

McKie is a Scotish family name- My special Great-grandma Jean's middle name, and her mother's maiden name- and then Jaran, my hubbie's name

Brensyn isn't, but Carl was the first name of my Grandpa and also my brother that died

Ansleigh kind of after Jaran's Mom(RuthAnn) and Mae is grandma's on 3 or 4 sides

36-Does the baby's name fit?

Yes I think so

37- Did the baby(s) have any complications?

No with the boys- but Ansleigh shoulder getting stuck sucked, and it made her whole face so bruised it was purple and the nurses had to put a note on her so people wouldn't try to recusitate her cause she looked like she wasn't breathing

38- How old is your baby today?

McKie- will be 5 in May
Brensyn- will be 3 on Feb. 9th!!!
Ansleigh- 17 months on Saturday

39- When is the next one(s) coming?

Flipping no comment at the moment

40- If you could would you do it all over again?

Well, I love my kids, so yeah, I would!

4 comments:

Vyedka said...

Super cute post! I loved reading it, it is always fun to hear other Moms stories about their babies and about giving birth :)

Kara said...

This was so fun! I love reading about all the baby details :)

I hope you don't mind that I ask what your husband does exactly? Is he a contractor? Can he build a house from start to finish? Your house is Montana is absoultely beautiful. We are moving back to that area soon and are exploring all of our options...including building. Just thought I would check with you. If you would rather you could email me at kjbischoff@yahoo.com
I hope you guys are warmer than we are :)

Kimberly said...

You look so much like a younger Cam in that picture that it's scary! Fun post!

Amanda said...

That was interesting! lol...
Ha i always thought you looked good pregnant.. but you just had a basketball in your shirt.. lol