Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sad days, birthdays, and garage sales!

Happy birthday brother! Carl Scott was born April 14th, 1979. Today he would be 30! He died only a few hours after birth on this day 30 years ago, and for some reason I feel closer to him than I do other siblings somedays. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I have always wondered, were he still around, if I wouldn't be the "milk-man's kid" as my lovely siblings like to call me. I happen to think that I have a very attractive family, and I know Carl Scott would be as well. It's funny to think of it now, but we've always called him Carl Scott, not just Carl. I wonder if it's because he never was able to be called by a nick name or called just by his first name. I told McKie and Brensyn Carl(yes, he was named after my brother, who was named after my Grandfather) a little about it this evening right before I went out to the cemetary, and I think Kies understood a little. We were telling him about Christ dying for us and that if we are good and repent we will be just like him and be resurrected and live with Heavenly Father. So tonight when I was walking out the door, he said "Mom, is he going to be alive again when you come back?" and I told him that he would someday when Jesus comes again. I don't think he got it completely, but I guess that means I haven't done the best job teaching him. I will have to do better!

Moving on from my sadness- sorry about that- we are having a garage sale at Cam's on Friday and Saturday from 8-4. We have lots of kid and baby clothes, toys etc., adult clothing and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff- so EVERYONE who is around needs to come stop by and check it all out! Jaran and I are trying to consolidate our stuff since we are packing things into storage for the summer while I'm in Dallas and he's living with Mom or in a camper(his idea) so we are, like I said, consolidating and getting rid of stuff we don't have to have. Cam's also got a lot of stuff... I know there is a papa-san chair, a little kids desk, crafts as well as random stuff. I was going to post more, but I have a headache and I'm really just not up to it today. But stay tuned for the post about Easter, McKie's injured toe and a funfilled evening at Pizza Hut! Take Care!

4 comments:

Emily Asay said...

sa-weet. i wish i could be at the garage sale-i would ask u to save me some boy 2T jeans/church pants but i don't know when we'll be home again and i'm sure u don't want to hang on to it 'til then. good for u for teaching your kids about the plan of salvation.

Unknown said...

I will be at work Friday, but I want to come. Hopefully you don't sell everything by then.

Kimberly said...

I don't think any kid fully understands at this age exactly about the resurrection. It can be a little confusing.

I guess I'll have to tell my mom to head on over and buy some stuff for me. I wish I knew if I was having a boy or a girl so I could grab up some clothes.

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

I'm finally catching up on reading blogs. Boy, while I was reading about your brother, the song "Hallelujah" was playing in the background and it was bringing tears to my eyes! Hope all goes well this weekend. If I remember your garage sale, I'll be over.