Sunday, September 20, 2009

Birthday party, painting and pepper spray

Happy birthday do my wonderful husband! We had a nice day, and seeing how it was Stake conference, and our children can't even make it through Sacrament without causing major problems, we skipped church- I know, don't judge;)! So I woke up and made Jaran breakfast of french toast and eggs with homemade cherry syrup. After that, I tried cleaning the house while the kids went behind me and messed it up again. I tore open my toe while moving the dishwasher to the sink to hook it up(it's portable) and while making some pasta salad, I was stirring the pasta with a fork and stuck the tip of my finger in the boiling water! GRRR I hate steam! Anyway- last night before I went to bed I made Jaran a huge b-day card and put up Happy Birthday signs all over the house. You see, if there is a movie on, it lulls him to sleep so I had ample time to do all of this. The kids made him cards this morning and it was so darn cute!


Daddy gave them big hugs, even though they didn't have pants on!
Then he pretty much watched football all day. While I got into the shower(finally) Kies decided to climb up on top of the fridge and get my pepper spray from Dallas. What did he do? Spray it right in his eyes. So Jaran brought him into the shower and we tried to spray him off, but he was spazzing out.

So Jaran tried to hold him down while I dripped saline into his eyes. Even after doing it to myself to show him it wouldn't hurt, he didn't think it was a good idea. We told him his eyes would die and fall out if he didn't let us wash them. So after fighting and yelling and trying to restrain him against his will, I filled up the tub and let him just lay in my lap and calm down and try talking to him rationally.

It sort of worked and I got some saline in his eyes. He has super sensitive skin and I hope that people don't think we beat him, cause he might have a few bruises show up from where we were trying to hold his hands away from his eyes.

He's fine now and super proud of his battle wounds on his face- such a weird little boy;)! After the ordeal was over I finished showering quickly and we headed to Mom and Bob's where they BBQ'd some pork and HUUUUUUGE King Crab legs for Jaran.

We had some guests in the form of family to share in with the festivities. It was super good, and we topped it off with chocolate cake from Costco- if you have never tried it- you must go do so at your earliest convenience. It will truly change your life! Jaran has been busy with the house he's building and this is what he looked like after painting all day!




Well I know that was hit and miss, but I'm super tired and it's time for sleepy time!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like you guys all had an eventful day!! Hope tomorrow goes a little bit smoother! A great big Happy Birthday to Jaran from us!!

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday Jaran, and poor, poor, poor McKie. That just makes me sick! I can't imagine how bad it hurt him! Someday it will be a fun story to tell I guess! :)

jsmbbaker said...

He- Kies is already telling everyone the story with pride- as if it was a great idea!

lacey bassett said...

Hey I just talked to you:) So this is old news!! Haha just kidding.. but go mckie go!

nina said...

You can use the pepper spray as a teaching lesson. Say: "See honey, this is what will happen to you if you become a criminal. People will spray this in your face every time..." That will scare him straight. Ha ha... just kidding. Poor little guy.