Thursday, April 17, 2008

Deep thoughts...

Okay, so you all know how I was talking about losing the diamond out of my ring, and how I had a picture at the wedding of me glaring at it? I found it, and I'm going to try and scan it and attach it!


This other pics is just to remind you all, cause most of you have forgotten, how nasty my teeth were! I'm so glad I got them fixed!

So yesterday was great. Being home has made the boys behave pretty good. When Jaran got home last night, they started being a little crazy, but it was still a TON better than what we had been dealing with. Even today- throwing all their toys around, they were still behaving a lot better. I hope this lasts, but you never know! I don't think that we'll be doing the garage sale this weekend, as Rose and I have some hair appointments. No not for ourselves- for Kalee and a couple of her friends for Prom. I did her hair and makeup last year, and she wanted me again, and also asked Rose to come and help. It should be a fun girls day. I will probably be taking Ansleigh with me. Although she only needs to have milk three to four times a day, I don't think Jaran would agree to keep her! We'll see, but I doubt it!


For those of you who don't know, I have two brothers. One just younger than Cam and just older than Kade. He was born on April 14th, 1979. Monday was his birthday. He was born missing a chamber of his heart. Today, this would be able to fix and would most likely be caught on an ultrasound. 29 years ago, however, ultrasounds weren't performed very regularly... so it wasn't caught. Both Mom and Dad were extremely excited that, after two girls, they finally got a boy! Unfortunately, he died a few short hours after he was born. His name was Carl Scott Ames. He was a perfect little baby... and it was hard for people to understand why it happened. For me, as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I know that things happen for a reason, and that I will have the opportunity to see him again one day. Having been in Wyoming on his birthday, I went to the cemetery to visit him. Of course I know that he is no longer there, just a place to go to visit and think of him. It's hard for me to explain the feelings that I have about this. I wasn't alive when he was born, but every time April 14th rolls around, it's as if I mourn his loss. Anytime I hear about a baby dying, I think about him. Every time someone close to me dies, I think of him. Almost everyone in my family has a child named after him. Steph's son Ryan sports his middle name- Ryan Scott... Kade's son's name is Carl Maddox, and my middle child's name is Brensyn Carl. Sometimes I feel as though he's watching over me and my family. It's almost feels as if I have my very own guardian Angel, and let me tell you, at times I've needed it. I'm just thankful for the knowledge that I have of the Plan of Salvation, the knowledge that, should I follow our Heavenly Father, I will be with him again. I know that before I was born I knew him. I know that my Grandparents are there with him, and that we will have a glorious reunion one day. I have one picture of him... but I don't know how people would feel if I posted it, because it was at his funeral. He was a beautiful baby. He and Brensyn looked quite a bit alike when they were born. I'm not really sure why I felt the urge to talk about this. Most likely because it's been on my mind. I'm sorry if it seems inappropriate to some, but I just felt like writing about it. I'm not even sure if some of what I said makes sense. I'm just grateful for so many things in my life, he being one of those things. Take care everyone! I love you all!

6 comments:

Emily Asay said...

Number one, I LOVE that engagement picture you posted, you look HOT, not even kidding. I love your hair like that, soo cute. Those pics reminded me that I was fat when you got married, I remember looking at the size on my bridesmaid dress...14 or 16 and thinking, Hmmm...thats weird. Yeah, fat weird. jk ANYWAY, I love that you shared that about your bro. After I had Stetson I had a new appreciation and sympathy for people that have lost their babies. I seriously can't imagine what that would be like. I have fond feelings for loved ones I've never met either, like my mom's dad for instance. His brother just died a few days ago and I'm realizing that I need to get on the ball and so some family history (interviews, phone calls) so that I can get to know these people I never met. ANyway, when I think about meeting these people in the hereafter it brings me so much joy (and makes me want to be better!). Sorry about the long comment.

Kimberly said...

Sweet picture of you glaring at your wedding ring. I think I remember seeing that picture before. I'm glad the kids are being better for you. It's so nice to be in your own home and get everything back to normal!

nina said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony and the story about your brother. I think that he is watching over all of you. Even if you didn't know him in this life, I believe that connection and longing for him is still there because your spirit knows him. I know thats how I felt when I lost my baby. Thanks for sharing.

Shana said...

Hey girl. I've been reading your blog recently. I never knew that you had a brother older than Kade? I can't believe I never knew that? I totally agree thought, that there is such a peace that comes because we know we will see those tiny little babies again. We know that they are so perfect that they are with their Heavenly Father again waiting for us to come back too. It is nice to know that.
Take Care.
See you on the blogs! :)

Vyedka said...

That picture of you looking at your ring is pretty funny! But I would have been glaring at my ring too if my diamond fell out! And it is crazy to think that your teeth used to look like that! And I don't know what it is about the picture but it looks like Jaran is wearing braces! Kinda silly. I am sorry to hear about your brother. There is something about the day when someone dies, you never forget, you know. It brings up the memories and the loss again. My Grandpa died yesterday in 1996. So I have been thinking about him a lot lately. But I can't imagine losing my son.

Kimberly said...

Time for a NEW POST! ;)