Monday, April 14, 2008

Pigtails... for a while


This morning I decided that it was time to try and give Ansleigh some pigtails... and it was adorable! She had taken and bath, and her hair was still wet when I put them in. Then the boys got their bath, and I decided I needed a shower. My mom said she'd watch the kids, but I had to hurry cause Bob was coming to pick her up. So I hopped in. Not 4 minutes later, she brings Kies in and says- "tell your mom what you did." This is not something you want to hear! So Kies tells me- "I cut sissy's hair!" I wanted to jump out of the shower and scream at him- or cry... one of the two. So I hurried and finished my shower and went to inspect the damage. Alas- it's bad enough that we will probably have to trim up the rest of her hair and not have pigtails again for a while:( This makes me very sad, and makes me wonder what is wrong with my son. He can't seem to stay out of trouble for more than five minutes. In fact he just came in and asked for hot cereal and I said no, it's lunch time in a minute, and he went in and told Brensyn I said they could have some. It's about enough to cause me to go crazy. I think that I just need a small break. I don't really know what to do about it, but being in this tiny house has got to be driving them crazy too. I guess I need to be more accepting of the craziness that is coming out of us all. We should be returning home for good... well at least for a couple of weeks. It'll be nice to get back to normal... or as normal as we can be! Maybe once we're back he won't act out anymore! That is my hope and prayer. Here are some pics of the park yesterday- beautiful 70 degree weather!



Ansleigh was having so much fun!


Swinging


Swinging on the other park swings


Kies, taking off by himself


This one's for Kim- pushing the cart


Getting a ride from DADDY!!!


I can't figure out why my mom's upside down!

7 comments:

nina said...

The first little pony tails are so fun. I felt so bad when I read that your son cut it off. But it made me laugh too. When Mark was like 12 or 13 he cut my little brother McKays baby curls off. I remember my mom crying and beating on my brothers back she was so mad.

Kimberly said...

Hey, I'm so sad about what happened. But it doesn't look as bad to me as it sounded on the phone. I think you'll be able to fix that and no one will know. At least there's not a big bald spot or something! Sorry we couldn't get together. :( Have a better day tomorrow!

Vyedka said...

OH NO! Darn it! I am glad you took pictures of it before you got in the shower! Other wise you wouldn't have been able to show us how cute they were! Did you cut the ponytail off too, or did you cut just above the ponytail?? I am sure you heard the story of when Jeremy cut off my ponytail when I was like two! I mom was pretty mad!

Emily Asay said...

Very cute pics--nice truck too, maybe you should give it to McKie when he gradutes. :) Sorry about the hair cutting incident. :(

Lauren said...

Cute piggys that are no more. :( They will grow back. You have such a cute family. Are you still looking for a place to live in Lovell or surrounding areas?

Ranee` said...

Oh, Shannon, I am so sorry. I'm sure if it had been more I would have cried for hours! Normal usually works for A.J. when he's being extra naughty, so here's hoping that your son will settle into it and not pull anymore pranks! :) Although I am sad that you're gone and we didn't get together. I hope you're coming back soon so we can get together!

Jessika and Josh said...

oh my goodness! I think I would have cried! They were so darn cute!