Saturday, March 8, 2008

Fun

Last night, Jen and Dave Hessenthaler invited us over for dinner with some other couples that live in Byron, and we had a blast! Jaran, usually the extremely less social one, said that he really enjoyed himself, and how great the guys were... and all of us girl migrated to the other living room to leave the boys to their talk on politics and other boring subjects, while we talked about babies and family issues and high school! Besides Jen and Dave, Josh and Shelley Sanders, Caleb and Lexi Sanders, Brandon and Serena Hessenthaler, Adam and Ranae Clark, and Heather and Cody Wagner were there. I was completely opposed to living in Byron until last night... now I almost want to! Part of that reason was thinking that it was just a bunch of old people in Byron, and I didn't want to go to church with a bunch of crazy old people... but now I'm okay with it. Problem is- there is NOWHERE to rent around here. We need to get home and get the house finished so we can get it on the market, but after that- there is no reason to stay there. Both Jaran and I are really starting to look forward to getting here as quickly as possible and starting over! So wish us luck. Here's to hoping it will all work out!

5 comments:

Emily Asay said...

You're moving to Byron? Wew hoo!! Who'da thought?? :)

Emily Asay said...

Hey, life is good. We're having a barbecue this evening with a bunch of friends...Jack and Amyntas are coming over Monday night for Michael's bday (we'll see how that goes :)
Umm...that was kind of a random combination of people that Dave &Jenn had over. I didn't know Jennifer was friends with some of those people. ANyway, sounds like fun times. It'd be fun for you to live close to home again..you'd get to see more friends that way (like whenever they come home to see family)

Kimberly said...

Yeah! I'm so pumped that you're planning on moving. I'm going to start praying tonight that your house sells. It'll be fun to have you in Byron so that when I come home I can see you! I'm with Emily. That seems like a really random group of people at Jennifer's house. But if you had fun, then hey, that's great!

Lauren said...

Em and Kim hit it right on. I hope that everything works out for you guys. The dinner group sounds like fun, but yes, quite a combination of people. :)

Ranee` said...

Shannon, we can't wait for you to move to Byron, too! I hope you move next door to me...oh wait, there's no houses for sale/rent next to me...guess you'll have to buy the cow field and build there ;) If our other neighbor would sell it!