Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sad day in the neighborhood

I got a couple of pictures on my phone this morning showing this scene:

You can google Bozeman explosion to see more pictures, but it saddened me, and made me glad that I wasn't around at the time. There was a lot of damage done downtown, with glass blown out of windows as far as 5 blocks surrounding it. There haven't been any reported casualties, but there has been 1 unaccounted for person. I pray that they are able to locate the person, and that they are safe. There are 5 buildings destroyed by the explosion, and a lot of other damage to the surrounding area. The Rockin R Bar is a place where we went a few times to sing some karaoke and eat a sandwich. They had a Pickle Barrel in there, and I loved to eat there. It was a non-smoking place, so it wasn't like you were eating ash. Boodles, the place that blew, was an eatery of some sort, and one of my favorite stores, Lily Lu's- a children's clothing store, was leveled. I hope that they can clean the place up and rebuild soon... because there are a lot of great things about downtown Bozeman that could be troubled by this unfortunate event! I wish all those safety and comfort who have been hurt or troubled by this! Take Care!

2 comments:

Kylee said...

I'm sorry 'bout this Shanny. I just heard about it the news last night here and I immediatly thought of you. I hope they find the missing person safe and sound.

Vyedka said...

Oh my heck how horrible! What caused the explosion? I hope they find the missing person so their family doesn't have to worry any more. How sad.