Monday, March 16, 2009

The time has come...

... for a new post! I always get irritated when it's been more than a few days and I don't see new posts... therefore, I have decided to try to be a better blogger. I will also be a better commenter. Why? Because I find myself to be more motivated to post when I know people read my blog and they post comments. So here goes!
I am in Utah for 2 weeks, and this first week will be without Jaran and the kids. Yes- you read that right! I have THE MOST awesome husband in the world, because he is staying home and taking care of the kids for a whole week. He doesn't really have a job right now, just odd jobs here and there, so he will be a full-time daddy while I stay here in Utah to train for my summer job.
Which brings me to my next item up for bid(thank you to Bob Barker for allowing me to use that phrase):
I am moving to Dallas for the summer to do the security system thing. I know it sounds crazy, but this gives me the opportunity to make a good amount of money in a short amount of time and help out Jaran with our financial situation. Him being a contractor makes it hard to know if we will be financially stable in the time to come, and I am hoping and praying that this will work out for us. I will be taking the kids with me, and Jaran's sister, Amanda, has agreed to come out and watch the kids as soon as she is done with school in June. The problem is I have to leave the end of April so I will have to find someone to look after my kiddos for 5 weeks. I may have to fly out to Dallas a couple weeks in advance to find a place for my sweet little babies while we wait for Aunt Amanda to take over- so if anyone has any suggestions- let me know. I found the Bishop's number on the church website, so I thought I might call the Relief Society president to see if she knew of anything I can do, or places to look. I don't know beyond that. I went and got my AMP apparel today, as well as did paperwork, fingerprinting, got my picture ID made, and did a little selling. We are selling tomorrow, then going to a Jazz game. We will continue the selling until I am ready to do it on my own! I'm getting really excited to do this crazy new thing! I also get to hang out with my in-family and get to know Camary, Jeremy's fiance` before they get married on the 28th! YAY!
Well here are the pics I decided to post! Enjoy!



These first three pics are of Kies and me in the car on the way to Billings to drop me off at the airport. I met Calli there and then she took Kies back home with her. I was supposed to fly out at 1:40 and then have a 2 hour layover in Denver before arriving in Salt Lake at 6:30. Instead, they put me on a Delta flight non-stop at 5! so I got to hang out with Cal and Kies, eat some yummy food instead of just the peanuts and pop on the plane, and didn't have to sit in airports all day long! And my bag weighed 50.2 pounds! So I only had to pay $15 to get it on the plane. That's so dumb you have to pay to be able to take a bag!

So I am an idiot and thought that St. Patrick's Day was on Saturday, so I made everyone dress up in green! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! On Sunday Cal, Kies and I walked around Old Navy and I was thinking- why are they still selling these patty's t-shirts for 10? They usually reduce the price after the holiday... Cal said- it's not till Tuesday. I tried to argue for a minute, realized she was probably more on the ball than I was, being a busy mom, and laughed my bum off! It was great. This is the boys at Blimpies. I filled out a survey for the hospital and got the chance to be 1 of 10 people to win a $50 gift certificate. And... wait for it... I WON! I never win stuff, but I won $50 in Chamber bucks that I could spend anywhere in Lovell, Cowley, Frannie, Deaver or Byron. So we went to eat a sandwich and a movie. The kids were very well behaved during the movie, and it was cute. It was "Inkheart" and I liked it more than I thought I would.

HA! This is on Friday. We all packed into the van and headed to Cody to do some grocery shopping to stock up while I was gone. The kids got to pick something out at the dollar store for being good all day. Kies chose a sword(I know big surprise!), Ans ended up with a hat(she flippin' loves hats) and Brensyn took about 20 minutes before we finally told him he had to pick something or he couldn't have anything. He was meticulous about finding the perfect thing. Sadly, I can't remember what he even chose... wait- yes- he chose a small flashlight. I know- another shocker! Anyway- we got in the car, and I decided we needed to celebrate the beautiful day by getting dairy queen. This is why This pic of Ansleigh is so funny- she had a sundae, dumped it all over herself on accident, and then got so filthy trying to eat it after Jaran picked it off of her. I have been driving a lot lately- which is weird, cause he used to drive everywhere. Anyway- that's the story of the pics! Hope you enjoyed this totally random post and set of pics! Take Care!

5 comments:

Kylee said...

I bet it's hard w/o your kids (I mean after the first little bit of "ah, quiet is nice"). Being in the hospital will be the first time away from Kasey for me. :( I'm no looking forward to it. Anywho, I will talk to you later today-sounds like your gonna be pretty busy today.

Mark & Shayla said...

Hope your training goes well. I bet you'll be a natural! Enjoy your time without the kids.

Brook said...

Hey Shannon, Good luck with your new adventure:)!!!! I hope it all goes well. I bet you don't know what to do with your self without your babies all around:)

nina said...

Wow, what a crazy adventure! Good luck. We only live about 5 hours from where you'll be.

Kimberly said...

I love all the pictures. I'm still sad that you'll be gone all summer, when I'll be able to come home, but I think you'll do a good job down there.