Monday, May 5, 2008

Boettcher Bash 2008

Well, this last Saturday, we had the supposed to be annual Boettcher Bash, celebrating Ryan's birthday. The last time we did it was actually 2002, so it'd been 6 years since we'd done it. This year, though, it was a suprise! It's extremely hard to suprise Ryan Boettcher... Cam has the hardest time with Christmas, cause he always figures out what he's getting(besides that year he got his leather jacket). So it was hard to keep this from him, and it took a lot of us telling crazy stories to keep it that way- but we did it! It was good times- minnow racing, everyone eating yummy pork ribs and their choice from the plethra(?) of salads. There was, of course, libations for those who chose it, and Jaran and I had a delicious hawaiin punch, pineapple juice, sprite mixture. Ryan got this awesome gift from Cam- he had kept the last two ducks that their dog Terrance hunted with him before he died, and she had them stuffed. It was amazing, touching amidst the craziness, and he loved it. We all had fun catching up with people. The minnow races ended with Maddox, my nephew, eating a minnow. Chewed it up and everything- hilarious! Not so hilarious when he started gagging and had to spit it out- wait, no, that too was hilarious! It was a great celebration! I wish that my birthdays were that fun, but mine usually consists of the everyday... keeping kids from killing themselves and others, cooking, cleaning- but a birthday card at least from Jaran and the kids. I can't complain really. I've had two great birthday since we've been married. The year after Kies was born, Jaran took me to Billings for and over-nighter and we went to the temple, ate at the Olive Garden and went to miniature golf. Then last year, he got me a video ipod, he said to make up for the birthdays that weren't so great! I'd have to say my worst birthday was the first year we were married. I was already overdue with McKie, and my Dr. said that he'd enduce me that day. So I went in for my stress test, and then they said that I needed to go home and call in two hours cause they were full in the maternity ward. So I did... every two hours they had me calling, and every time they shot me down. There wasn't room for me! This is the closest I've come to having the tiniest idea of what Mary must have felt when she was turned away from all the Inns in town. I was so upset that this was happening! Jaran hadn't done any birthday things, cause we thought we'd be in the hospital. He told me he needed to go to the store, and I told him I didn't want ANYTHING. I was so upset that I couldn't have McKie... not because it was my birthday and I wanted him on my birthday, just cause I didn't want him to be in my big fat belly anymore! I was so miserable! So Cam called and told Jaran to bring me out to her house cause she was getting me a cake from DQ. I really didn't want to do anything but cry, but we went anyway. After eating cake, Cam and I went for about 1.5 mile walk to try and get me started on my own, to no avail. Three days later, I was enduced and Kies was finally here! I've had some weird birthdays... maybe I'll write more about them later. It's time to feed Ans now so I'll go- take care!

No comments: