Thursday, May 1, 2008

What's wrong with me?

Yesterday, I woke up knowing that I was going to have a long day. It was Wednesday, and I had signed up to feed the missionaries on Wednesday. So I had planned to make pork chops, pasta salad, corn on the cob, steamed green beans, apple cobbler and a special mixture punch. I also knew that I needed to clean the whole house. It was clean a couple days before, but the boys dumped out the wood bin and got little pieces of wood and bark all over the couches and living room... not to mention all of the toys they had strewn about. Since we got back from Wyoming, I hadn't done any deep cleaning, so I knew I was in for it. I started in the kitchen, did the dishes, cleared off the counters and washed them. Then I dusted the cupboards and had to then clean the counters again. Then I cleaned the microwave, oven and fridge. At this time I realized I didn't have all the things that I needed to make the salad, or any cleaner for the bathroom, so I had to run into town. On my way, I saw Jaran driving home. He hadn't planned on being home until 6... so two hours early was a suprise. The kids and I got to the store as fast as I could legally, got the stuff and headed home. Jaran was cleaning the living room when I got there. I was making the salad when I looked at the calender... wondering why the missionaries hadn't called to confirm our dinner appointment- and it hit me! It wasn't May yet. We aren't scheduled to feed them until next week! I started laughing, told Jaran and tried to invite some of our neighbors over for the huge dinner I had fixed. Everyone was busy, so we ended up having a delicious meal by ourselves, and then just relaxing in our semi-spotless house! It was great... although I wonder what is wrong with me? At least I figured it out before we cooked the pork chops... so we didn't cook too many! And it's great that it's clean, cause Loyal, Jaran's Dad, is supposed to be coming this weekend. The boys got into the fireplace again today, so I had to try and clean that up this morning. I don't know why, when I am feeding Ansleigh, they seem to find the naughties things to do, and then do them. I also put them down over an hour and a half ago for naps, and they're still not asleep. I am so mad! I have put them both outside(which is our form of a BIG time-out because regular doesn't bother them)twice... and they still won't go to sleep! I need super-nanny to come and help me! They do this at night time too, and it's all I can do not to pull my hair out of my head! If any of you have advice- let me know! Take Care!

PS- Here are some random pics from the park!

Daddy pushing the boys REALLY HIGH!

Brensyn having fun with Mommy on the other side

"Driving" the fire truck

Ansleigh with her curlers... pretty much did nothing to her hair!

Kies "flying" on the swing

Daddy being tired with sissy

Mommy and sissy... Mommy had to MAKE Daddy take a pic... cause Mommy has none of herself

1 comment:

Emily Asay said...

I love that you put curlers in Anseighs hair. Sa-weet. And I love your red hat, very cute.